Quick guide for Stranded in Space game. Step-by-step solution to the escape room.
This guide provides a step-by-step description of how to get the 4 numbers for the escape room’s exit. I’ve tried to put all steps in a logical order, so people who want limited spoilers can find the part they’re stuck on.
Completing the escape room grants the Escape Me, Room-achievement.
After finding the exit code, there are two more things to do in the escape room. There are four more hidden numbers, to unlock an image in the vault (laptop), and there’s a secret mini-game. How to solve these can be found in my other guide: Photo Album Guide
You also may like: Stranded in Space Paige’s Daily Questions Guide
- From the entrance, go up, then turn right. The MC will make a remark about glitches.
- Turn Left 2 times. Looking at the blue barrels, go up, then turn left. Click on the bookcase to go closer to it.
- Click on the book and find the notebook, then click the back arrow.
- Open your inventory, equip the notebook and use the magnifying glass icon to examine it. It displays the path you need to follow “from green”
This path is semi random, I believe there are 4 different routes.
- Close the notebook and items screen, and go to the red square at the entrance (Back, Left, Up, Right.)
Examine the red square with the notebook equipped. (click on it)
- Go forward, click the double red arrows at the bottom right of the screen, and the MC will remark that the square is now green.
Click the backward arrow to look up. The MC will be facing the table with computers and space suit.
- Now follow the path that the notebook describes. (Taking a screenshot of the path, and alt-tabbing to it can save you clicks. Alternatively, you can leave the inventory screen open.)
TL: Turn Left, TR: Turn Right, U: Up, and D: Down.
- When the puzzle has been followed, the ground will shake, and the MC will hint towards the green square.
- Go back to the green square and stand on it, then use the double red arrows in the bottom-right corner of the screen again to look down.
You’ll find a post-it with the first number.
- From the entrance, go Up twice, and turn Right. Click the green container in the middle twice to open it.
- Find the key and pick it up.
- Go to the area with the bookcase (Down, Down, Down, Up, Left), equip the ‘Solid Key‘ in your inventory, and click on the hidden chest in the corner.
- Click the bookcase to go forward, then turn right. Open the chest with the equipped key, and find the sticky note with the 2nd number.
- To be able to find the third number, the movement puzzle of the first one needs to have been solved.
- After turning around after getting the first number, the MC will remark that the space suit’s cage is now gone.
- Go towards the space suit (Up, two times), then click on the suit, and again on the visor. We need a way to open it.
- Go back, turn left, go up, turn right, go up, turn right 2 times. Click on the shopping cart with the broken TV.
- Retrieve the hammer.
- Go back to the space suit. (down, up, left, up, left, up) Click the space suit. Now equip the hammer in your inventory and click the visor to break it.
- Take the hook.
- Open your inventory, equip the notebook, examine it, and click on the line at the bottom.
- Go back, turn right and you’ll be facing 3 containers (2 green, one red). The MC will make a remark about the notebook, and that he can now move forward.
- When facing the 3 containers, go forward and find the backpack. Open it to find the screwdriver.
- Go back, and click the red container filled with packing peanuts. Examine the peanuts.
- Open your inventory and equip the screwdriver, then click the grated cover of the control thingy.
- Click on the cover again to remove the grating, and press the green button.
- Go back, and click the inside of the red container to find the fishing pole. The MC will attach the hook to the fishing pole.
- Go to the crashed train cart in the other room. (Down, Left, Left, Up, Right, Up, Right, Up)
- Click the lights.
- Equip your fishing pole, then click on the lights again to receive number 3.
- From the entrance, go up two times, turn left, click on the tire to examine it.
- Look at the tire closely, and find the key.
- Go back twice, then go forward. Examine the blue barrels.
- After MC says he’ll remember the pattern. Go back twice, turn right, go up, turn right, go up, and turn right again. Click on the lockers twice to get MC’s thoughts.
- Equip the key in your inventory, and open the (only) locker that can be interacted with (it’s the one indicated by the pattern on the lid of the blue barrel)
- Take the stepladder, and immediately equip it in your inventory. Then go back, and turn left (or right) twice. Click on the vault.
- With the stepladder in hand, you’ll be able to open the vault. Get the money.
- Go back to the entrance (left, up, left, up, left, up, right, right) and click the table with the computers.
- Equip the money in your inventory, then click the memory game on the floor.
- Click the slot in the middle to insert a coin, then play the game. Win it to get a number.
Have fun ❤