Information compilation on save file editing for Venture Seas game.
Save File Editing.
Information compilation by TrinityLancer in October 2021. At the time of writing, Venture Seas is still in early access and subject to change.
Within contains information on how to edit save files.
Personally, I think the auto-generated names are stupid and there are far too many negative traits to positive ones. Editing certain values made the game more enjoyable for me.
Others may use this information to make the game easier with coin and experience.
Play how you like. You, fellow Captain, are the master of how you spend your time and where you place your effort.
Things You Need
Notepad++ or a text-editing software more advanced than Notepad.
Notepad++ is free. If you like to edit things, it is an excellent program that will be useful more often than not. Google it.
Where is the File
Save1 through Save9 are saved here. As with all editing procedures, make a copy of the file you intend to edit, in case a changed value corrupts the file.
What Do I Do with It
Open the save file with your preferred editing software. Change the values. Load the game and load the save. Some editors have found success loading at any time. Personally, I had to close the client and reload, in order to make it work.
Sample entry: <entry key=”sCoin”>500</entry>
Modifying this value changes your coin.
Sample entry: <entry key=”Aurelia: “>null/17397/55/10/484/…
The first number value is experience.
The second is respect.
The third is love.
Editing Courtesans & Crew
First sample entry: <entry key=”Crewman 1: “>erika/berkle/null/0/6548/[1, 1, 0, 2, 29, 1, 0, 1, 2, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 5, 0, 4, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 2, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 8, 1, 0, 0, 9, 0, 4, 1, 1, 0, 1, 2, 0, 1, 0, 3, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 2, 0, 3, 1, 0, 0]/[21, 17, 16]/1/224/[15, 8]/[3:1,4:1,6:1,8:1,85:1,34:0]/8/2</entry>
Second sample entry: <entry key=”Wh*re 2: “>morrigan/ward/null/0/1/3500/[1, 1, 0, 1, 10, 1, 1, 1, 2, 0, 0, 3, 2, 0, 4, 0, 4, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 9, 0, 0, 0, 7, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 2, 1, 1, 0, 0]/[1, 9, 0]/(24.0,0.0)/7/-100/false/false/0/null</entry>
- Name. Initial 2 non-numerical values (erika/berkle). These values can be changed.
- Experience. Last numerical value before the open bracket ‘[‘. Erika has 6548 exp.
- Booba. After the bracket, it is the 8th value. Erika’s value is 1. Range is 0 to 4.
- Height. 9th value. Erika’s value is 2. Range is 0-2.
- Width. 20th value. Erika’s value is 1. Range is 0-2.
- Traits. Three values in [Brackets]. Erika’s are [21, 17, 16]. Refer to the list below to change these.
- Desires (Courtesan Only.) Two decimal pointed values in (Parentheses). Morrigan’s desires are (24.0,0.0). The first value is the general desire and the second value is the specific.
- Class (Crewmember Only.) The second to last value is class. Erika is 8, a Houndmaster. Refer to the list below to change this.
The following is a copy-pasta from Shunyaku’s 2021 July post in the discord. Remember that the initial value is 0, not 1. ie. male,female,herm is 0, 1, or 2.
Alright. Here’s the stat list (and the few features of any given stat, if I considered them important to my own goals) as found in the patreon player editor list.
- Sex Male/Female/Herm
- Gender He/She/They
- Skin Color
- Face Type
- Hair Type
- Hair Color
- Body Type
- Breast Size
- Penis Size None/Small/Modest/Large/Huge
- Testicle Size
- Vaginal Tightness None/Tight/Loose/Gaping
- Facial Tattoo
- Horn Type
- Ear Type
- Body Build
- Vagina Type Natural/Plump
- Facial Hair
- Eye Color
- Sclera Color
- Eye Type
- Tail Type
- Fingernail Type
- Toenail Type
- Nail Color
- Eye Focus
- Facial Emotion
- Body Detail None/Scaly/Furry/Carapace
- Lipstick Color
- Eye Shadow
- Penis Type Human/Equine/Lizard
- Ear Piercing
- Nose Piercing
- Lip Piercing
- Nipple Piercing
- Ass Type
- Body Hair
- Pubic Hair
- Lower Body
- Face Race
- Lip Type
- Apparel Color
- Beard Color
- Eye Liner
- 0 Optimist
- 1 Loyal
- 2 Observant
- 3 Pessimist
- 4 Mindless
- 5 Disloyal
- 6 Nudist. +40 mood when completely nude.
- 7 Xenophobe
- 8 Exhibitionist. +15 mood when booba and crotch are showing.
- 9 Creative. At level 10, can craft items. Only yields 1 item per voyage, regardless of number of creatives working this task.
- 0 Strong. +10% str.
- 1 Agile. +10% dex.
- 2 Voidal. +10% pot.
- 3 Tough. +10% end.
- 4 Smart. +10% ins.
- 5 Lucky. +10% luck.
- 6 Abrasive. Start combat with thorns stance. Reflects 25% dmg to attacker.
- 7 Steadfast. Start combat with stun immunity stance.
- 8 Relaxed. Start combat with meditate stance. Restores 10% hp each turn.
- 9 Weak. -10% str.
- 10 Lumberfoot. -10% dex.
- 11 Ordinary. -10% pot.
- 12 Soft. -10% end.
- 13 Stupid. -10% ins.
- 14 Unlucky. -10% luck.
- 15 Weapon seeker. Reveals dungeon weapon events. Shared with Aurelia.
- 16 Armor seeker. Reveals dungeon armor events. Shared with Kari.
- 17 Material seeker. Reveals dungeon material events. Shared with 3rd leader.
- 18 Treasure seeker. Reveals dungeon treasure events. Shared with Vinthal.
- 19 Training seeker. Reveals dungeon training events.
- 20 Food Seeker. Reveals dungeon food events.
- 21 Rest seeker. Reveals dungeon healing events.
- 24 Cosmetic Seeker. Reveals dungeon cosmetic events.
- 26 Coin seeker. Reveals dungeon coin events.
- 1 Marksman. Double Strike. 33dex, strikes twice.
- 2 Warrior. Heavy Strike. 100str.
- 3 Mage. Spectral Strike. 50pot ignores armor.
- 4 Rogue. Exploit Weakness. 125str if target unarmored and Basic Attack if armored.
- 5 Mentor Heal All. 33 pot heals all.
- 6 Hunter. Mark Target. 50dex and marked (+25% dmg taken.)
- 7 Healer. Healing Touch. 75pot single target heal.
- 8 Houndmaster. Summon Wolf. Strength-based summon that uses Heavy Strike while the Houndmaster uses Basic Attack.
- 9 Squire. Fortify. All allies gain 2 armor.
- 10 Alchemist. 50pot and poisoned.
- 11 Leech. Leeching Bolt. 33dex steals hp.
- 12 Bandit. Strong Arm. 50str and +3armor
- 13 Scout. Reprimand. 50dex to enemies with active stances.
- When you end your turn, leftover action points are used for your leader’s basic attack. Damage dealt is ~30-40% of their class stat.
- The 3rd Leader’s passive, +10% damage to summons, works with the Houndmaster’s ability.
- Leader stats are weighted towards one stat, but not heavily. Offensive stats (and therefore rune deck) is reliant on weapon choice.
- The Charian Ring gives a percentage chance for a crewmember to attack the enemy leader with no drawback.
- The faster the enemy dies, the less damage you take, and the less runes are used.
- …At the time of writing, Marked status does not increase damage taken. Check your damage.
Tips, In-Game Editing
- The fun potion increases testicle size.
- Guar milk increases booba size.
- The 3rd leader can alter the bodies of you and your crew, adding and removing wings, horns, tails, male genital shape, etc.
- A town in chapter 4 sells an item that reduces booba size.
Hope you like it ❤. Source